Q-India Consulting Services announces Four Day Training
The need :
Reliability of test results reported by an accredited laboratory depends on effective implementation of the laboratory
management system according to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025. Effectiveness of implementation, in turn,
depends on the competency of the laboratory’s supervisory staff, viz. Quality Manager & Technical Manager, in
monitoring and facilitating the laboratory’s quality management system. In order to emphasize and focus on this issue,
NABL has mandated that w.e.f 1st November 2012, the quality managers working in NABL accredited laboratories /
applying for accreditation should undergo at least 4 day training course on ISO/IEC 17025. This 4-day course would
also help the senior laboratory staff in understanding the techniques of internal quality auditing, both for assessing their
own system and defending their system’s maturity to NABL assessors
With a view to facilitate above, Q-India Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd, Kochi is conducting a 4-day training programme
on “Laboratory Accreditation and Internal Quality Audit as per ISO/IEC 17025”
Date & Time :
11th (Thursday) to 14th (Sunday) May 2017 from 0930 to 1730 hrs with Lunch & Tea breaks
Workshop Fee :
Rs.12,000.00 (Rupees Twelve thousand only) per participant exclusive of Service Tax, to be paid in favour of, “Q-India
Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd,” payable at Kochi. A discount of 10% is available for 2 or more participants from the
The Faculty :
Basudev Bhattacharya has been a quality practitioner and measurement management system initiator for the last four
decades and is a known figure in the filed of calibration and measurement uncertainty. He is a Graduate Electrical
Engineer from IIT-Bombay, holds a Diploma in Materials Management from Punjabi University, is a Certified Lead
Auditor for ISO 9001 QMS and also a Lead Assessor for the National Accreditation Board for Test and Calibration
Laboratories (NABL). He was an external examiner for M.Tech in Reliability Engineering of IIT-Bombay, an External
Faculty of BITS-Pilani for MS in Quality Management Programme, had represented India in International Illumination
Commission (CIE), and was the Team Leader of the Western Region Assessment Panel for Rajiv Gandhi National
Quality Award. He has been an International Consultant of the United Nation Organizations, International Trade
Centre (ITC) of UNCTAD/WTO and UNIDO, and the BSI Group, UK on quality management and laboratory
accreditation. He has been training industry & service personnel in the country and abroad (viz. Mauritius,
Bangladesh, Dubai, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Bhutan, Rwanda, Maldives & Nepal) on measurement and quality related
topics for the last 15 years. Till date he has conducted more than 250 training programmes on quality related topics,
viz, “Laboratory Accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025 & ISO 15189”, “Internal quality auditing”. “Estimation of
Measurement Uncertainty in Test & Calibration”, “Assuring quality of test results and examination procedures” and has
trained more than 2700 persons. Out of these, 39 4-day LMS courses as per IS/IEC 17025, have been conducted in
which more than 500 persons have been trained.
Who should attend :
All Quality Managers and other senior laboratory personnel who are likely to discharge the responsibility of Quality
Managers including Technical Managers of Accredited laboratories
Programme Contents :
2. Certification and Accreditation
3. The Global scenario and APLAC, ILAC MRA
4. The Process of Laboratory Accreditation
5. Overview of the Management Requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
6. Detailed examination of important management system elements
i) Document control
7. Syndicated exercise on developing a documented procedure
8. Detailed examination of important management system elements (contd)
ii) Control of non-conformities
iii) Corrective action
iv) Preventive action
v) Management Review
9. Syndicated exercise on management requirement
10. Overview of the Technical Requirement of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Standard
11. Detailed examination of important technical operations
ii) Accommodation and environmental conditions
iii) Test & calibration methods and method validation
12. Syndicated exercise on developing a standard operating procedure (SOP)
13. Detailed examination of important technical operations (contd)
iv) Overview of Measurement Uncertainty
vi) Measurement Traceability
vii) Overview of Assuring Quality of Test & Calibration Results
14. Syndicated exercise on technical requirement
15. Introduction to Auditing
a) Types and methods of Audit
b) Checklist preparation, audit planning and audit schedule
c) The audit process
15. Syndicated exercise on Adequacy audit
16. Identification of non-conformities
17. Syndicated exercise on identification and writing of non-conformities
18. Preparation of Audit Report
19. The internal audit process
20. Implementation of laboratory management system with evidence leading to accreditation
About Ourselves :
Q-India Consultancy Services Private Limited formerly known as MSL Knowledge Centre has been set up to
provide professional help in installation, up gradation and deployment of quality system in organizations for obtaining
certification and accreditation and maintaining the same. It has a three-fold objective - imparting training, improving
skill and providing consultation to organizations for consolidating the knowledge & skill by creating a sustainable model.
Following are some of the programmes successfully conducted by us at Kochi
1. Quality Management System and Internal Audit Training as per ISO 15189 (September 2012)
2. Estimation of Uncertainty in Microbiology Measurements (December 2012)
3. Estimation of Uncertainty in Chemical / Clinical Measurements (January 2013)
4. Assuring Quality of Test Results and Examination Procedures (April 2013)
5. Laboratory Accreditation and Internal Quality Audit as per ISO/IEC 17025 (May 2013, Sep 2014, Jul 2015 & Nov
6. Estimation of Uncertainty in Chemical / Clinical Measurements (October 2014)
7. Laboratory Accreditation and Internal Quality Audit as per ISO 15189:2012 (December 2014)
Feedback from Participants of Earlier Programmes:
Following are some of the feedback we received from participants of our courses.
The course content and the manner in which it was presented certainly deserve high appreciation. It has gone
beyond my expectation about the program.
• The friendly atmosphere and the ease of answering the queries by the trainer really impressed me.
• The Course material was very well disseminated and the ease with which I could learn was satisfying.
• I had wonderful experience of professional training which will bring new direction in my laboratory quality system
• Programme was very good. The faculty was having full knowledge and concept about the subject.
• The venue, timing and arrangements were excellent.
• The structured methodology and experience and expertise level of the faculty was commendable.
• Ample time being given to explaining each clause and specific requirement of the standard.
• Training material was very clear and sequential methodology was conducive to learning.
• The deliberations by the Lead Faculty were the best thing. His pace & pitch during the entire course was
constant which led to good learning. His interactive communication was excellent.
• Lively presentation, healthy interaction and professional approach.
• Teaching method was excellent. Still can’t believe that whole ISO Standards and internal audit was covered and
understood so well in 4 days.
• I will attend other training programs conducted by Q-India in future; will certainly recommend similar programs to
friends and colleagues.
Address for communication :
Dr. T A Varkey
Q-India Consulting Services
Medilab Speciality Laboratories (India) Private Limited
S A Road, Kadavanthra, Kochi, Kerala – 682020
Tel. No. 0484 2320330, 4016565, 4011470
Mobile: +91 9447031471, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org